2 pounds sea scallops
3 tbsp. butter
3 scallions, chopped
½ cup cointreau
2 tsp. Orange zest
- In a large non-stick skillet, over moderately high heat, drizzle some olive oil.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- When the skillet is very hot, add about half the scallops and brown on both sides; about 1 – 2 minutes per side. Remove the scallops and set aside. Add a bit more olive oil and repeat with the remaining scallops.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel or clean dishrag.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Cointreau and orange zest and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the scallops and simmer for about a minute. Add some water if sauce is too thick. Taste, season and serve!
Note: This dish makes an excellent appetizer.