1 ½ cup heavy cream
1 ¾ cup milk
1 teaspoon saffron threads
7 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. Gelatin
½ tbsp. cold water
- Place water and gelatin in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat cream, sugar and saffron until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let the saffron steep for ½ hour.
- Return cream to a boil, add the gelatin and remove from heat. Stir until the gelatin has melted.
- Add the milk.
- Lightly grease 6 – 8oz ramekins with vegetable oil, and fill each ramekin with cream.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from fridge, loosen with a thin knife and turn them onto a plate. Garnish with fresh fruit, fruit purees or fresh mint.
* Don’t be afraid to jazz up your fruit by tossing them with a bit of your favorite liqueur.