2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
8 cups chicken broth, kept hot
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 cups arborio rice
2 pounds assorted fish and shellfish
1 tbsp. butter
½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
¼ cup green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the rice and stir to mix and to let the rice absorb some of the flavors.
- Add some hot broth (about 1 cup) just to cover the rice. Continue stirring until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Add more broth just to cover. Continue stirring and continue this process of adding broth as it is absorbed for about 12-15 minutes or until the rice is “al dente”.
- Add the fresh fish and shellfish and stir gently to blend and cook through. Add more broth if needed and season.
- Stir in the butter, parmesan, parsley and green onions. Simmer briefly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, spoon onto plates and rizzle with truffle oil.