3 large lemons, juiced
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp. Cayenne
Fresh thyme, chopped
- Wash chicken in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dust chicken with cayenne and salt
- Place chicken in a large bowl with lemon juice.
- Toss to coat with juice. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from juice and pat dry. Set marinade aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add thyme, lower heat, cover, and cook for about 35 minutes, turning pieces occasionally.
- When chicken is tender, remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add marinade to pan and stir with a spoon to scrape up all the cooking juices.
10. Add cream and stir until sauce thickens; season to taste.
11. Pour hot sauce over chicken to serve.
* Serve with spinach, broccoli, asparagus or green beans.