The ancient Jewish custom of sacrificing lamb to God was later adapted by the Italians and Greeks, and because of the religious significance of Easter, lamb has come to symbolize Christ.
2 to 2 ½ pounds spring lamb
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 oz. pancetta, chopped
12 Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
Fresh Rosemary, leaves removed
Salt and Pepper
1 cup white wine
- Coat a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Make small gashes all over the lamb and stuff with garlic slices, pancetta and rosemary leaves.
- Coat the lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the roasting pan.
- Roast for 2 hours in a 350-degree oven. Add the wine after about 45 minutes to keep the lamb moist.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary and put around the lamb for the final 45 minutes of cooking.