1 pound of your favorite pasta
4 ounces beef (skirt or chuck), cubed or cut into strips
4 ounces boneless pork loin, cubed or cut into strips
4 ounces boneless veal shoulder, cubed or cut into strips
1 carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 onion, diced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups red wine
2 cups chicken broth
6 canned plum tomatoes, crushed
1 bay laurel leaf
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
¼ cup sugar
½ cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan heat some olive oil and brown all of the meat in batches. Remove meat and set aside.
- In same pan heat remaining olive oil and add rosemary, celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf. Cook until onions begin to soften.
- Return meat to pan and add red wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add plum tomatoes and sugar and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta to Ragu.
- Toss with Parmesan & serve.