If you look closely at this recipe you will notice that it is identical to the recipe for Seafood Risotto with the simple substitution of wild mushrooms for the seafood.
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
8 cups Chicken Broth, kept hot
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 cups Arborio Rice
3 cups assorted wild and exotic mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp. butter
½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
Truffle Oil Serves 6-8
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, half of the mushrooms and the rice and stir to let the rice absorb some of the flavors.
- Add some hot broth (about 1 cup) just to cover the rice. Continue stirring until all the liquid is absorbed. Add more broth just to cover. Continue stirring and continue this process of adding broth as it is absorbed for about 12-15 minutes or until the rice is “al dente”.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and stir. Add more broth if needed and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the butter, parsley & Parmesan. Simmer briefly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, spoon onto plates and drizzle with truffle oil.